PROP welcomes all New Yorkers to share their stories as part of our ongoing work to document police abuse and expose the injustices of the NYPD, big and small.
Help narrate the real impact of NYPD policing. Have you, or a member of your family or friend, experienced injustice(s) at the hands of the NYPD? Your stories help motivate everyone in the continued fight for a fair and equal legal system. Your experiences are meaningful and sharing them can help fellow New Yorkers understand the direct impact that policy has on peoples’ lives.
The submission process is anonymous and your story (and name) will only be published should you consent to it. After submitting a member of the PROP team will contact you to discuss any potential usage of your story.
Consider some of these questions to help you tell the story:
- Include information about yourself for context.
- What experiences have you had with the NYPD? Was it negative or positive, how so?
- What has happened since then? How has the experience affected your life?
- If you could say one thing to the officers you encountered, what would it be?
- What do you want people to take away from your story?