Social Media Internship
PROP utilizes Social Media outlets and our website to share information, educate the public and connect with coalition and community members. The Social Media Intern would be responsible for maintaining social media sites, posting news stories, interviews, and information relating to the issue of police misconduct and reform. Our social media accounts are where we share our commentary/analysis on relevant news and advertise important meetings and events with the public. We are also currently filming a series of video narratives to be released via You Tube as part of a sophisticated and professional online campaign strategy.
- Research and draft content and feedback for publication to PROP website and social media channels.
- Monitor press, blogs and social media channels for news items, issues and events pertinent to PROP campaign.
- Assist in developing PROP’s social media presence.
- Update and edit website (content and design)
- Proficient in social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Word Press).
- Demonstrated interest in social justice issue advocacy.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Reliable and organized self starter.
- General web design experience a plus.
- Knowledge of criminal justice and police issues preferred, but not required.
- Bi-lingual skills (English/Spanish) a plus.
Please e-mail your resume and a cover letter (no longer than 1-page) to:
Amanda St. Onge, PROP’s Project Associate
Subject line: “Fall 2014, Social Media Internship/Full Name”